*My opinions on techniques, or any other comments in this blog are mine and mine only, and may not be correct or anything else.*

If there are any mistakes, then please leave your comments for consideration.

Please click on the images to see them in their full size.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb 14, 2010

Random #53: Post Grading

So, it is now a few weeks after my grading in Picton, where I obtained my Shodan grading.  Does it feel any different now than before?  I am not sure.  I spoke to another Shodan in our club and for him, he felt different, that he had much more to acheive and that he would have to train hard to advance.  For me, I haven't really felt that fully, though on Saturday, I became rather frustrated at one aspect of my training, in that there was a problem, I knew what it was, I knew what I should be doing, but I just couldn't seem to put it into action.

Now, as a Dan grade, I think there is some expectation that I am putting upon myself to do good Kendo.  But, at the same time, I still need to enjoy my own Kendo, a tough balance at times I think.  Being a Dan, you have a sense of being a role model, and at my club, I am now in a position that at times, I am being asked to take warmup, and lead basic training if no-one else more senior above me is present (vs other Shodans present).

I want to continue to develop, but, I think it will be a much harder road now than before.

No comments: